Tough love. Only a few creators in your niche will succeed in building an audience of rabid fans.
What sets them apart from the rest of the pack? Discipline and giving more than they get.
1. Discipline is the most useful trait creators have
The world’s top creators are disciplined. They know how to stay focused on one task at a time. Instead of following the newest, shiniest object.
They’ve mastered a skill and now dedicate all their time and energy to teaching that skill to their audience. 1) To help people succeed and 2) to earn a living online.
So what does discipline look like?
- A daily writing habit – Block one hour when you’re least busy and don’t need to be responsive. Shut everything down except your writing page or app.
- Saying no to things – Relentless focus. Creators say no to things that don’t further their goals of helping or reaching their audience.
- A structured routine – Despite leaving their 9-5, creators have a schedule and rarely break from it. Routines breed results.
Creators are a masterclass in discipline. Even when they don’t see results for a long period of time.
2. The world’s top creators give, give & give more before they get
When we come across a creator with thousands of followers, we don’t think about the blood, sweat and tears they poured into their craft. Or the income they gave up to pursue ultimate freedom via creatorship.
Your favorite creators were once in your seat. Wondering how to make a bigger impact and more income online.
Then they just started.
They gave up their time for free to get attention from their niche audience.
What does this look like in practice?
- Free workshops and content
- Free consultations and calls
- Free partnerships
Lots of free content to build the life of their dreams.
Also, you may have noticed your favorite creators on social media reply to tweets and Linkedin posts far more than they post themselves. 80-90% of the top creators’ tweets are replies.
They give far more than they get. Then and only then do they cash in on the attention they’ve earned. Literally.